Virgin Motor Yachts’ Base is at Nanny Cay Marina on the Island of Tortola in the British Virgin Islands. This Marina is situated on the South side of Tortola, between the capital Road Town and the West End.
Within the marina is a 40 room hotel with pool, two restaurants, a small supermarket for your provisioning needs, delightful shops and boutiques, and dive shop. Nanny Cay has always been known as a well-protected marina, with beautiful surrounding hills and a relaxed feel about it.
Why the BVI
The British Virgin Islands are one of the premier yachting destinations in the world. The British Virgin Islands are a collection of 60 individual islands which are inhabited by a total of ~28,000 people. Many of the islands that make up the British Virgin Islands (BVI) are uninhabited and still in their natural state. Many others have lively beach bars, great restaurants and world-class marinas. Most guests begin their vacation Tortola where they pick up their charter yacht. They then move with their yacht or power catamaran around the islands for a week of bareboat or luxury yacht charter. Rather than staying in a hotel for one week, guests have a mobile hotel with a different view every day!
The most popular islands for guests to visit include
- Norman Island: home to the Willy T floating bar and Pirates Bight restaurant
- Peter Islands: which has the stunning Peter Island Resort and Spa
- Cooper Island: where the Cooper Island Beach Club serves up amazing food and over 100 types of rum from their rum bar and beer from their in house brewery
- Virgin Gorda: which houses the natural wonder The Baths, a ‘must see’ for any yacht charter guest, a collection of wonderful marinas, resorts and restaurants – Bitter End Yacht Club, Saba Rock, Leverick Bay, YCCS, CocoMaya
- Scrub Island: a Marriott Autograph Property and the site of one of the best pools in the BVI
- Jost Van Dyke: the location of the infamous Soggy Dollar Bar, home to the original ‘painkiller’
- Anegada: the second largest barrier reef in the world and a great place to relax and try kiteboarding at Anegada Beach Club
The special charm of the British Virgin Islands is that they offer something for everyone no matter the age or where you come from.
- Beautiful clean beaches with miles of sand, have you been to Anegada? You should!
- Crystal clear waters with fabulous diving or snorkeling on wrecks and reefs, colourful fish in countless numbers.
- Beach bars and restaurants, both formal and well just lets say….no dress code required, and leave it at that!
- Easy short distance Island to Island cruising, line of sight navigation.
- Safe anchorages with mooring balls or docks pretty much wherever you go
- Friendly atmosphere to just kick back and let the world pass by
- Easy to get to from Europe, the USA and South America.
If you seek a laid back, comfortable and welcoming place in the sun, the BVI is it! If you want to explore breathtaking beaches surrounded by a warm turquoise sea, the British Virgin Islands check that box and well! Or perhaps you want to charter a powercat and search for fun beach bars offering cold refreshing drinks, and a local Roti made fresh on Tortola – then you have found the perfect place in the BVI!
You can forget about the traffic jams, frosted windshields, crowded trains and shoveling snow for a while…..we are light years away from all that. This type of laid back, friendly atmosphere makes the British Virgin Islands the perfect place to rent a yacht, and charter with family and friends to explore this amazing tropical paradise. Arrive on Tortola, pick up your power catamaran, open your map of the British Virgin Islands and chart a course for adventure on your bareboat or luxury yacht charter.
The British Virgin Islands are a place like no other. A place of relaxation, to recharge your batteries, and get away from the daily grind of today’s high pressure world.
Visitors leave here with memories of stunning sunsets, warm tropical nights, wonderfully lazy days, with careless hours spent unwinding, just being and doing what you want to do, when you want to do it.
Please look through the information provided here on this website, and then contact us so that we can help you to begin your yacht charter, power catamaran charter or luxury crewed charter in the beautiful blue that is the BVI!