If you are looking for the best value in power catamarans in the BVI, look no further than the 52′ power catamaran ‘James Bond!’
This fun 52′ power catamaran has clean lines and her twin hulls give an comfortable ride as you cruise around the islands of the BVI. The most outstanding feature about this cat is all the outdoor space, which provides lots of opportunities for ‘fun in the sun!’
On boarding this power catamaran you will enter a generously sized aft cockpit and the huge walk-about swim platform. The open salon has wrap around panoramic views, which adds to the feeling of space and light and allows you to enjoy great ocean views from any angle.
The outdoor helm has two captain chairs and then a huge horse shoe cushioned seating area for the rest of the crew, all under a large shaded bimini area. There is also a sun pad on the aft of the flybridge offering plenty of room for everyone aboard whilst underway.
This power catamaran is very easy to handle, and with widely spaced twin props, you can turn the power catamaran on a dime.
In the aft cockpit area you will find ample seating, freshwater shower, charcoal barbecue, but above all…..space. The swim platform is huge! This power catamaran lends itself to a range of activities in a way that no other power catamarans in this size range can match. Whether you want to dive, snorkel, or just relax, your entire group will have plenty of space to spread out.
There are 4 double cabins below; 2 in each hull. The forward dining area also converts into a large double bed, so this power catamaran can sleep a maximum of 10 on board (8 across 4 cabins and 2 in the dining area). Not all the cabins are of exactly equal size: the 2 forward cabins in each hull have Queen berths, plus a sink, vanity and mirror. The aft starboard side cabin has a Queen berth set sideways, whilst the port aft cabin has a fold down split section single which can be make up as a double that tapered at the end of the bed. The beds are not waist level – the do require a ‘step up’ to get on top. There are two full heads, with separate showers, one in each of the hulls located in-between the cabins.
Please note: deep see fishing is not permitted on any of our charter yachts, only recreational fishing which must be accompanied by a license.
Before leaving with your power catamaran, our operations team with complete a comprehensive systems briefing as well as a full navigational chart briefing to ensure you are comfortable and competent with the vessel.
Key features of ‘James Bond’ Wright 52 Power Catamaran
- Stereo system – blue tooth
- AM/FM Radio all Cabins
- Full Air-Conditioning all Cabins
- Hot & Cold Water
- Separate Fridge &Freezer
- Vanity basins in Fwd Cabins
- Microwave Oven
- Showers: 2 + F.W. Transom
- Gas Stove 3 Burner Oven.
- Sleeps: 10 with Salon Conv/Berth
- Charcoal BBQ on Aft Deck
- Large Ice Chest on Aft Deck
- VHF Marine Radio
- Wet bar on aft deck
- Fresh Water: 200 gallons
- Flybridge Helm Station + Seating and Table
- Dive Ladder off Swim Platform
- Flybridge Bimini
- Electric Windlass
- Navionics Navigation Aid
- Raymarine Depth Sounder
- LOA: 52′
- Beam: 17′
- Draft: 3’8″
- Engines: Twin Yanmar 350’s
- Diesel Fuel: 400 Gallons
- Hull Type: Twin Hulls Catamaran
- Heads: 2 Manual
- Genset: 12Kw
- (8) Dive Tank Holder Rack
- Electricity: 110 &12 Volt
‘James Bond’ Wright 52 Power Catamaran equipment
All of our yachts are stocked with all the items needed to make your charter easy and hassle free. Each yacht comes complete with:
- 12′ Dingy with 15HP motor
- iPad in waterproof case with ‘Navionics’ chart plotting/navigation system, in addition to hard copy hazard and navigation charts
- Boat phone
- Internet available for purchase
- Charts, cruising and anchorage guide.
- All bed linens, towels and beach towels
- Kitchen appliances including; microwave, coffee maker, blender, toaster, hot water kettle
- Large Cooler
- Provisions starter kit, which includes: dish soap, dish scrubber, roll of paper towels, cleaning spray, dish cloths, matches, marine toilet paper (for each head), travel toiletries (for each head), clothes pins
|Packages||Season A14 Dec - 30 Apr||Season B01 May - Jul 31
1 Nov - Dec 13
|Season CAugust 1 – Oct 31|
|4||10||$ 7,950||$ 7,250||starting from $ 4,700|
Summer rates begin at $4700, please contact email@example.com for specific weekly pricing in Summer.
Weekly rates are based on a 7 night bareboat chater, starting and ending at noon.
A ‘Sleep Aboard’ option from 5pm the night prior to your charter is available at a rate of $50/person (subject to availability).
Charters can start on any day of the week (subject to availability).
Rates are for bareboat only, you have the option of a Training Captain for $200/day, a Captain can be added for $175/day and a Chef for $150/day. If you wish to add a Captain and/or cook, you will need to ensure you choose a yacht which has a cabin to accommodate them. Please note, crew gratuity is not included in the price.
Are there any extra costs?
There is no extra ‘tax’ on top of your gross charter fee – what you see on our website is what you pay. The extra charges to consider are
- Provisions, alcohol
- Cruising Permits (a levy imposed by the BVI Government on all charters, runs $6 per person/per day.)
- National Parks Fee (between $25-$45 per boat, per trip, depending on how many people you have on board
- VISAR (Virgin Island Search and Rescue, a collection of $5 per person is collellected and passed on to the search and rescue team of volunteers who NEVER SAY NO to an emergency rescue at sea)
- Hull Damage Waver Insurance.
- Please note all New Year Charters are subject to a 10% surcharge.
We are here to help and welcome any and all questions on this and all the Yachts currently in the Virgin Traders Fleet.