Virgin Traders was founded in 1996 by Will Driver and James Burgess. Both are originally from the UK, but fell in love with the islands the first time they saw them. Will lives on Tortola and works full time at Nanny Cay Marina. James has recently moved back to the UK to be near his family, and continues to help manage Virgin Traders remotely.
Initially, Virgin Traders was based out of Hodges Creek in the East End of Tortola and the original office was literally, a converted broom cupboard borrowed from Sun Yachts – it was approximately 12ft long by 8ft wide, no windows and no a/c!
Virgin Traders was founded as, and continues to be, the ONLY Exclusively Motor Yacht Charter Company in the BVI’s. Many people think of the BVI’s soley for sailing, but Will and James realized there were thousands of motor yacht enthusiasts wanting a way to see the islands as well!
In October of 1998 Virgin Traders moved into the present offices at Nanny Cay Marina -with air conditioning! Our offices here now extend to cover Customer Services and Reception, Reservations and accounts together with the Operations Office, Laundry, Technical workshops and storage buildings.
Virgin Traders has a complete onsite Staff covering all the necessary skills to run a busy and technically challenging business. Our Teams can handle all engineering issues, electrical, shipwright and housekeeping with specialist engineers on staff headed up by Chief Engineer Jim McCauley who hails from Canada.
Virgin Traders Fleet now includes 10 yachts, and has everything from a 40’ express cruiser, a 52’ power cat, a 74’ luxury crewed charter, and the 48-56’ bareboats the company is most known for. Virgin Traders is a ‘preferred partner’ for Horizon Yachts and is the Caribbean dealer for Galeon Yachts.
Over the last 20 years Virgin Traders has had the pleasure to host thousands of charter guests on our yachts, as they fall in love with the islands the way we did years ago. We are most proud of the high level of customer service we provide to our guests, and the many guests that come back year after year. With a repeat customer rate of over 80% we believe our exemplary customer service speaks for itself!
As Virgin Traders moves toward its third decade in business we are working to expand our fleet to include many new yachts, new day charter packages and even a couple 80’+ yachts as well! But even as we continue to grow, we will never outgrow our humble roots, or our focus on you, our charter guests, who helped get us to where we are today!
- Motor Yachts for Term Charter from 40ft to + 70ft either Crewed or Bareboat.
- Motor Yacht Management packages to suit individual needs, either for private use or charter.
- Sales and Brokerage of New or Used Boats for either Private use or into our Charter Program.
- Design, Build, Commission and delivery of New Horizon Motor Yachts.
- Advice on Corporate structure behind Yacht Ownership and handling the necessary paperwork plus collating the professional disciplines required.
- Our own highly skilled in house team of engineers, electricians shipwrights and housekeeping staff.
- Large inventory of engineering spares and ships inventory to ensure smooth support of any problems which may arise.
- Generic Fleet of similar Yachts which offer cross support and economies of scale
- Worldwide Broker network supporting effective and targeted marketing.
- Well established within the Industry and recognised as leaders in our field with years of experience.